Bry and I set up this blog around this time last year. It was also about the same period that we started thinking about maybe moving our date from July to December.
A lot has happened since then.
Yeah, I know, we have neglected this blog and, consequently, have left you guys out of the loop. So here’s a recap of what has happened since April.
- We have our rings! My mom knows this jeweler who gave us a really good deal on the rings. Didn’t bother looking for other suppliers since my mom paid for our rings naman. Our rings are just perfect! She got the design we wanted to a T!
- We got ourselves another videographer. We’ve already told Buddy about this and he was very gracious about it. But we’re still getting his services for the prenup AVP.
- We also have the really nice boxes for our rings and arrhae/unity coins. Got them from Jen, a member of the Weddings at Work e-group, who bought those in Thailand. I just love them boxes. They’re so perfect for our theme!
- We now have our first “baby.” Bry and I went to the bridal fair at Crowne Plaza only to look for the World Vision booth and sponsor a child. I wanted to sponsor two but Bry, ever so rational, said that we might be spending more than we could afford and that we could sponsor a second child after the wedding anyway.
We sponsored a little boy that Bry picked. Why? Because the kid’s favorite subject is drawing! Teehee. Bry was art editor of his college newspaper and although he hasn’t drawn anything in a looooooong time, he probably found a kindred soul in the little boy.
- Bry and I attended the May schedule for the Catholic Engaged Encounter. I don’t know how similar it is to Discovery Weekend but I do know that it is so worth the time and money.After the weekend, Bry and I realized just how open we are with each other. There were no big surprises in our answers and we were able to talk more about issues we never really discussed in-depth before.
At the end of the session, we were asked to write a pledge letter to each other. Was I surprised when Bry and I were asked to read our letters to the group! Bry agreed to do it but I just couldn’t. Am such a crybaby am sure I won’t get to the end of the letter without breaking down in tears. Bry wrote a really sweet, really nice, really touching letter that the girl behind me told me to have it framed. 🙂
And you know what else? That weekend helped us deal with our imperfections better. Since then, Bry and I haven’t gotten into a really bad fight even when I was PMS-ing. I’d like to think it’s because we’ve become better at handling each other’s difficult sides.
- We’ve had the traditional pamamanhikan in a not-so-traditional setting.
Instead of having it at home, we went to a nearby restaurant. And didn’t really talk much about the wedding. 🙂
- The girls have decided on their dresses and they won’t be made by James. ‘Is cool as the girls have really good taste. We were supposed to go fabric hunting mid last month but I had to go on a business trip so that is shelved indefinitely.
- We bought all the paper we need to DIY our invites. And we bought them at the most opportune time too! The store had a closing out sale as the company will be focusing more on the export market. So we got our stuff at really good prices. Bry is still vacillating on the layout, but methinks we might be able to finish the invites this month.
- I had my measurements taken!!! I never thought I’d get so excited about having my measurements taken. But I think it is now really dawning on me on just how close the big day is!
That’s it for now, I guess. James said he’ll get in touch with me within the next couple of weeks so that I can fit the greige fabric. I suppose I’d feel even more bride-ish when that time comes. Ooh, but I can’t wait!